[PD] Fwd: can't edit the symbol field

Scott Vanya scottvanya at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 14:12:47 CEST 2013

I have pd-extended (Pd-0.42.5-extended-ubuntu-lucid-i386.deb) installed
am running Puppy Linux and opened the pd script from GISS.tv, but for
some reason can't enter text in the mountpoint, server etc. fields.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? (and even more so what I can do to
enter values in thes fields?)

Thanks, in advance for your help. Also, I tried giss.tv's maillist and
they said I should try contacting pd's mailing list. plz, help.

-Scott

The Pd output on bootup says:

[import] $Revision: 1.2 $
     [import] is still in development, the interface could change!
     compiled against Pd version 0.42.5
libdir loader $Revision: 1.8 $
     compiled on Sep 22 2010 at 15:51:19
     compiled against Pd version 0.42.5.extended
GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.92.3
GEM: compiled: Sep 22 2010
GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: Authors :    Mark Danks (original version)
GEM:        Chris Clepper
GEM:        Cyrille Henry
GEM:        IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: with help by Guenter Geiger, Daniel Heckenberg, James Tittle,
Hans-Christop Steiner, et al.
GEM: found a bug? miss a feature? please report it:
GEM:     homepage http://gem.iem.at/
GEM:     bug-tracker http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem/
GEM: compiled for SIMD architecture: MMX
GEM: using MMX optimization
libdir_loader: added 'cyclone' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'zexy' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'creb' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'cxc' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'iemlib' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'list-abs' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'mapping' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'markex' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'maxlib' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'memento' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'mjlib' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'motex' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'oscx' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'pddp' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'pdogg' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'pixeltango' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'pmpd' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'rradical' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'sigpack' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'smlib' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'toxy' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'unauthorized' to the global objectclass path
vbap - v1.0.3 - 12 Aug 2006 - (c) Ville Pulkki 1999-2006 (Pd port by HCS)
libdir_loader: added 'pan' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'hcs' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'jmmmp' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'ext13' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'ggee' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'flib' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'ekext' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'flatspace' to the global objectclass path
PDP: pure data packet version 0.12.6
PiDiP : additional video processing objects for PDP
     version 0.12.26
     by Yves Degoyon and Lluis Gomez i Bigorda