[PD] sfread~ droupouts / understanding buffer parameter?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 8 10:08:39 CEST 2013

Hi list,

I have a patch with around 80 sfread~s, who read audio files between 8-16
seconds (each sfread reads always the same file). But I noticed that there
are often enough small audio droupouts when running the patch. After
adding a buffer value of 1e+6 (like in the help patch) the playback was
better, but not yet perfect.
So I wanted to ask: how does the buffer parameter work exactly? How can
one choose the best value for it? Does someone has an example patch, or
something written somewhere?

The sfread~s don't work all simultaneously, maybe maximum of 20 sfread~s
might be working at the same time.

Thanks,

jmp