[PD] Preferences Dialog

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 9 16:06:17 CEST 2013

Under osx, this is usually what is done,
there is no apply button.

Hans's proposition to have separate message is very good as well. It is
much better to change from the patch, for example, only the number of
audio outputs than to overwrite all parameters.

One thing missing as well is the ability to select audio/midi device by
name from the patch, instead of numbers. This is specially important for
installation when you have different devices connected and no way to be
sure of the order...

One preference menu seems very nice to me. Audio / midi / startup / path
tabs for examples. In osx, the preferences menu should not be under the
"Edit" menu but under the main app name, just after "About"

Good luck,
Best,

http://www.nimon.org