[PD] loading filter coefficients from 32bit wav file crashes FIR~

Matthias Blau blau_m at web.de
Thu Apr 11 15:51:17 CEST 2013

Hi list, iemlib developers,

it seems that FIR~ doesn't like filter coefficients loaded from 32bit
wav files. As an example, I converted lp1.wav (from the FIR~ help) to
32bit (see attached file lp1_32bit.wav). This data is correctly loaded
into the table (fir_coeff in the help patch) but it crashes FIR~.

This is curious, because data loaded from files should be converted to
32bit float in any case, or am i mistaken here?

Anyway, is there a solution to this problem (besides saving all my
coefficients to 16bit)?

Thanks,
Matthias