[PD] crowd source funding

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 19:14:20 CEST 2013

>________________________________
> From: i go bananas <hard.off at gmail.com>
>To: PD List <pd-list at iem.at>
>Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:01 AM
>Subject: [PD] crowd source funding
>

>could things like kickstarter be
applied to pd?  there are quite a few things i could think of that might get implemented with a few dollar signs on real paper rather than in
message boxes ;-)
Last month I looked into Google Summer of Code apps, but they explicitly reject documentation-
oriented projects (at least from my reading), and since that's one of the main areas that
needs work I didn't go much further.
I'm between jobs atm, so here's a proposal-- if there's enough financial support for
me to survive I'll work on Pd full time.  There are plenty of things in the queue like improving
tooltips, help patches, tutorials, using Xapian as a search backend, improving the GUI dialogs,
etc., but I'll work on anything that can improve the general working state of Pd.

-Jonathan