[PD] got jump-on-click arrays working

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 20:36:07 CEST 2013

Hi list,

* I got jump-on-click arrays working.  Basically you can click anywhere in the graph and the array element
in that vertical column will jump to your mouse position.

* Implemented "bargraph style" for "Put" menu arrays.  (See attached)  This is basically a multi-slider.

Questions:

* using "bit masks", exactly how many flags can I scrunch into a floatarg?  Arrays use one floatarg in a pd file to keep 1) the "saveit" flag (i.e., whether or not data is saved with the patch), and 2) plot style, to which I've added one more.  I'd like to add a flag for "jump-on-click", and if possible one for x/y ticks.

* can I add a A_DEFFLOAT for plot color for arrays?

* for bar graph arrays, should the user be able to specify inner/outer color for the bar, or is inner color with black outline good enough?

* for arrays with a small number of elements that aren't "jump on click" the UX is misleading: with points-style arrays you can only click on a small undifferentiated part of the line.  Should I change this so that the hot spot is the entire line?

Thanks,
Jonathan