[PD] got jump-on-click arrays working

Björn Eriksson miulew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 21:35:55 CEST 2013

Oh, this is great news!
Can´t give you any response on the two first questions but here is a fast
response to the other two...

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> * I got jump-on-click arrays working.  Basically you can click anywhere in
> the graph and the array element
> in that vertical column will jump to your mouse position.
>
> * Implemented "bargraph style" for "Put" menu arrays.  (See attached)
> This is basically a multi-slider.
>
> Questions:
>
> * using "bit masks", exactly how many flags can I scrunch into a
> floatarg?  Arrays use one floatarg in a pd file to keep 1) the "saveit"
> flag (i.e., whether or not data is saved with the patch), and 2) plot
> style, to which I've added one more.  I'd like to add a flag for
> "jump-on-click", and if possible one for x/y ticks.
>
> * can I add a A_DEFFLOAT for plot color for arrays?
>
> * for bar graph arrays, should the user be able to specify inner/outer
> color for the bar, or is inner color with black outline good enough?

I think the ability to change both inner and outer color for the bar should
be preferred.

* for arrays with a small number of elements that aren't "jump on click"
> the UX is misleading: with points-style arrays you can only click on a
> small undifferentiated part of the line.  Should I change this so that the
> hot spot is the entire line?

I think, yes! Can´t really see situations where a fraction of the line as
hot spot should be preferred...

Thanks,
> Jonathan

/Björn Eriksson