[PD] Small work offer: Help to compile an external in windows

dreamer dreamer at puikheid.nl
Tue Apr 30 12:15:16 CEST 2013

I just tried building the external on linux.
Unfortunately when I load the object I get: leapmotion.pd_linux: undefined
symbol: _ZN17flext_root_singlenwEj'

I have neven used flext before, so I have no idea what causes this. If
anyone can comment on this.

Just to recap, this is what I did:
svn co https://svn.grrrr.org/ext/trunk/flext flext

Then the non-autoconf instructions for building.

git clone git://github.com/chikashimiyama/Pd_leapmotion.git

Then in this dir:
gcc -o main.o -I/usr/local/include/flext/
-I../../leapmotion/Leap_Dev_Kit_0.7.9_3461/LeapSDK/include/ -DFLEXT_SYS=2
-c main.cpp
gcc -o Dispatcher.o -I/usr/local/include/flext/ -DFLEXT_SYS=2 Dispatcher.cpp
g++ -rdynamic -shared -o leapmotion.pd_linux main.o Dispatcher.o -lc -lm
-L/usr/local/include
-L../../leapmotion/Leap_Dev_Kit_0.7.9_3461/LeapSDK/lib/x86 -lflext-pd_s
-lLeap

Resulting in the forementioned error.