[PD] Dspstate~ in puredata

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 19:13:52 CEST 2013

>________________________________

You get literally anything sent to the "pd" symbol:

[hey rocky watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat(

[s pd]

[r pd]

[print from_pd]

However that one will also produce an error.

The valid methods are mostly (all?) in m_glob.c.

Still, there is a difference between inspecting
messages that get sent to pd and querying Pd's
global attributes.

Example: the pddp/dsp object tries to
show dsp state by using a global s/r variable
that newly created pddp/dsp objects can query,
but you must _guarantee_ that the first pddp/dsp
object existed before the user (or some other part
of the program) decided to turn on dsp.  Otherwise
every single pddp/dsp will be inaccurate.  This is
because they all rely on [r pd] to get the dsp state.

Also very few of the methods are meant to be
visible to the user.  The "version" method is
completely useless, while "sys_getversion" isn't even

accessible from within a pd patch (or designed to be).
I made [pdinfo] so that the user can actually query all
these attributes in a simple way using a single object.

-Jonathan

>2013/4/28 IOhannes zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
>
>On 04/28/2013 03:14 PM, Olivier Baudry wrote:
>>
>>dear all
>>>
>>>Is there any equivalent of Dspstate~ in puredata?

i don't know [Dspstate~], care to explain what and where it is?