[PD] PD crashing X server

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 22:45:16 CEST 2013

Hi

I just reinstalled Ubuntu to my laptop with latest version 13.04 and the
latest PD extended 0.43.3. Now I am getting this weird crash. After a
few objects (8 ~ 10) are created on the patch, or if I open a patch with
several files, when I create an object, as I type its name in the box,
just *exactly* when I type the 4th character, the X server crashes and I
get into the Ubuntu login area. I see no errors at all it just restarts
X going to login.

I have been trying to find a pattern to explain why at some point it
crashes but I cannot see any apart from the fact that few objects are on
the patch and it happens with the 4th character.

I have tried to check dmesg, and X log but I cannot see anything
meaningful. I am not sure what to look for.

thanks for any help...

enrike