[PD] Sensors GPIO Raspberry Pi Pd

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri May 17 16:14:54 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-17 09:39, Julian Brooks wrote:
> Hey Martin,
>
> Can I please peck your head hopefully one last time?

Sure.

> We're so close, got the hardware for the installation up and running,
> box made etc etc.
>
> Could you have a once-over of our code:
> Still only seeing one sensor though all of our multimeter testing says
> sensor 2 is fine and ready to go.  I think it has to be a code problem
> in the C file but I just_can't\-see\-it!!

You need to show me your code... The file I sent was to read two
sensors. The second was the 1X8 sensor so it reads a different number of
bytes. You have to change that, everything else should be the same..

> Keep wondering if there's a way of being able to test the 2nd sensor in
> a similar vein to sensor 1 with 'i2cdetect', like if we could shift the
> IC switcher so it would allow us to run the test on the 2nd one.

Yes, just connect the A select line of the 4051 (pin 11) directly to
3.3V or ground to select one or the other. But disconnect the GPIO pin
when you do that.

> Pd is receiving on both sends (44l & 44l2) but all we have is one
> sensors readings - same in the prints from the C file.

Sounds like the multiplexer isn't working right. Do you have a photo of
your setup? Can you confirm that the GPIO pin switches?

Martin