[PD] OT: another linux system question

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun May 26 21:58:58 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM, João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> wrote:
> sorry, this went out too fast: is there a difference betewen using xubuntu,
> and using ubuntu with xfce installed afterwards?

Didn't try installing Xfce on Ubuntu (I had Debian Squeeze on that
laptop), but I guess that installing Xubuntu right away is easiest.
What I did is copy a Xubuntu image on usb stick, try the live session
first to get the taste, then install. From usb stick it installs in 10
minutes (but then of course come the updates, configuration etc.). The
audio mixer in Xubuntu's panel is PulseAudio, if you want an ALSA
mixer in the panel, install xfce4-mixer.

Katja