[PD] pix_video problem

Benjamin ~ 01xy benjah at free.fr
Fri Sep 27 14:32:52 CEST 2013

Hello,

We are using a blackmagick decklink quad on linux
to get the signal threw pix_video, we use the bmdcapture command line
tool combined with ffmpeg so as to write on a virtual video device
created by v4l2loopback (cf
http://wiki.labomedia.org/index.php/AstroFluxTechnique#bmdcapture_.7C_ffmpeg)

it works fine and it is stable even if we plug/unplug the video sources,
it allows us to capture 1080i video or PAL video encapsulated in the SDI
signal, but if we try to capture 4x1080i signals, the framerate is less
than 25fps as Pd is > 100% CPU

++
Benjamin