[PD] Weird bug in pd-extended and Ubuntu

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 22:01:11 CEST 2013

Dear list,

I m working on a patch in pd-extended 0.43.4, on a freshly installed Ubuntu
12 LTS. An Arduino Uno board is plugged into my machine.

In the attached patch i've been getting very strange bugs :
- one instance of [f ] wasn't working the way it should (a bang to its left
inlet wouldn't output what had been fed to its right inlet), while the
other was behaving fine.
- And now I cannot create any new object. Ubuntu crashes (it logs out of my
session) when i type the 4th letter in the object box.

I also get the following message very often in the console :
"ALSA output error (restart failed): Broken pipe"

I'm very confused here.

Pierre