[PD] Multiplying 2 variables

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:33:24 CET 2013

Hi.

On 28/11/2013 11:20, michael noble wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM, sebarocker at gmail.com
> <mailto:sebarocker at gmail.com> <sebarocker at gmail.com
> <mailto:sebarocker at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I know that the multiplying object stores two values (left inlet and
>     right inlet)  and performs the operation when both are stored or
>     when a bang is sent to the left inlet.
>

> Not really. As lorenzo said, PD has strict rules regarding inlets and
> order or execution. The [* ] only stores the value of the right inlet.
> Any value sent to the left inlet will not be stored,

Actually it is. The difference is that while a value coming in the right
inlet will *only* be stored, with a value in the left inlet the value
will be stored, the operation perfomed ( in this case multiplication)
and the result output through the outlet.
To try this out connect a numberbox and a bang to the left inlet, send a
value and then send a bang, you see that the last value sent was also
stored.

Lorenzo.