[PD] headroom in Pd

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 00:50:55 CET 2014

On 31/12/13 08:30, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> Ouch. I guess alot of us don't have serious projects :D (Out of curiosity, does Max do soft clipping also?)

the point was that OSX was messing with the sound between the software,
presumably any software, and the audio output ... which may perhaps be called a
feature while listening to songs in iTunes but is a big worry if you are trying
to use the system seriously as a musician. It is a problem that comes up on this
list from time to time, I don't recall any reply saying it could be bypassed or
turned off.

Simon