[PD] [PD-announce] Chocolate et Coffee

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 3 13:00:22 CET 2014

On 2014-01-03 09:44, Pierre Guillot wrote:
> I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt anybody with this library. I never thought
> that the name was so important and I'll change it as soon as possible if
> it's your principal wish.

i don't think you've "hurt" anybody; and so far the only one who has
been complaining was me :-)

i don't think there's a real problem with your jokes about flavours
("coffee", "cocoa", whatever), though there might be better - and more
specific - names.
as jonathan has pointed out, i myself am the author of a dumpster
library with a general name: but this library is about 15 years old. (i
think) all other libraries i've written since then are targetted at a
specific problem (e.g. "networking") and have a specific name (e.g.
"iemnet").

as for dupes in coffee:
+ [c.loadmess]
 - iemlib's [init]
 - (iirc, there used to be a kind-of implementation in vanilla as well)
+ [c.pak]
 - pdmtl's [list.pak]
+ [c.patcherargs]
 - iemgut's [canvasargs]