[PD] groove machine how to: keep metro and a loop in sync

Filippo Beck Peccoz mail at fbpsound.com
Mon Jan 13 20:26:26 CET 2014

Thank you Funs for pointing the reply-all thing out, sorry! Now sending to the whole list :)

I'd be happy to keep tabplay for this since it seems solid and easy to work with, but will have to look deeper into the phasor~ solution, it looks very interesting.

Brian, thanks for your suggestions, and here is the patch with a test loop.

https://fbpserver.dyndns.org/pydio/data/public/366c84.php

It's messy but I commented a bit to show the way- I'm still thinking about how to integrate some sort of dynamic "difficulty level" that gradually introduces longer stretches of silence, but that is not "hardcoded" like it is here.

After a while, the fade kicks in just a tad early, it seems to me. The basic functions are there, but it's weird that it seems to slide a bit. Or am I going crazy? :)

Cheers,

Filippo

Filippo Beck Peccoz
Game Audio