[PD] groove machine how to: keep metro and a loop in sync

Brian Fay ovaltinevortex at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 19:22:31 CET 2014

I'm not super-familiar with the guts of Pd's scheduling system, but I think
that if one metro object outputs a bang to separate tabplay~ objects, both
should start playing at exactly the same time.

While using line~ or phasor~ can lead to more robust samplers (allowing you
to adjust playback speed, etc.), I think tabplay~ should be perfectly
adequate for this patch.

Filippo, it would help us to see your patch and the samples you are using,
so that we could get a better idea of how the loops are getting out of sync.

-Brian