[PD] libpd separating gui from core

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 23:14:56 CET 2014

Those would definitely be nice to have. I don't know what $@ refers to, is it the object arguments as a list?

>> Yes. Everything is still there. It merely abstracts sending messages and midi into and out of the libpd instance. I don't see why we couldn't do the same with what's needed by an external gui wrapper around it.
>
> Hm... I didn't realize that.  That being the case, you could certainly go ahead and figure out some interim way of sending and parsing tcl messages using whichever gui toolkit you prefer.  However, it's worth understanding a bit about why Pd-l2ork has diverged somewhat from the code you'd be wrapping (in no particular order, and definitely not exhaustive):

[snip]

That's all good info to know, thanks. I'd imagine libpd would't need to handle *move functions though. Does the dsp graph rely on positioning? I thought only via connections. I'd imagine the gui wrapper should only worry about positioning and simply update those changes when saving.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika
danomatika.com