[PD] compiling Pd 0.45 on Linux

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Sat Jan 18 02:09:29 CET 2014

Hi List,
I am on Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon 64Bit and i want to compile Pd 0.45. Here
is my experience:

pd-0.45-3/
$ ./autogen.sh
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4/generated -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: adding subdirectory portaudio to autoreconf
autoreconf: Entering directory `portaudio'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
aclocal: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not
'configure.in'
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: configure.in: subdirectory bindings/cpp not present
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
configure.in:104: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:105: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

however as suggested in INSTALL.TXT the fallback method works with
make -f makefile.gnu
sudo make -f makefile.gnu install
(once the dependency libasound2-dev is installed)

yet when I run Pd, I get no sound
./pd
oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?
oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?
oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?
oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?
oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?
oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?

The Pd package from the repositories has the same issue:
ALSA input error (snd_pcm_open): No such file or directory
ALSA output error (snd_pcm_open): No such file or directory
ALSA input error (snd_pcm_open): No such file or directory
ALSA output error (snd_pcm_open): No such file or directory

Seems I have a problem with ALSA.
Anyone has a clue where to start looking for this issue?

Thanks

m.