[PD] [netsend](tcp) is much faster than [udpsend] why??

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 18 18:55:16 CET 2014

On 01/18/2014 03:08 AM, Jonghyun Kim wrote:
> I mean latency. I send OSC data in every 10ms over eth0 lan cable. With
> udpsend and udpreceive there is some latency, but netsend (tcp) was all ok.

could you elaborate?
with *anything* that sends data over a network cable you will have "some
latency", this is due to the laws of physics (and not something
depending on [udpsend] or [netsend]).
it is also totally unclear what you mean with "all ok".

so how did you *measure* the (difference in) latency?

i also wonder, why are you comparing udp-transmission with tcp-transmission?
wouldn't it make more sense to use [tcpsend] and [netsend] (tcp) OR
[udpsend] and [netsend] (udp).

fgamdsr
IOhannes