[PD] declare and abstraction (cont.)

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 26 17:55:34 CET 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 12:22:10PM +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Sam, 2014-01-25 at 19:24 -0800, Miller Puckette wrote:
> > Are you using readsf~ to read th soundfile?  Unfortunately, readsf~
> > doesn't search along the canvas's path (for complicated reasons)
>
> Do those complicated reasons make it unlikely that this is ever going to
> change? Not that I consider it an important issue, I'm just curious.

I'd rather fix it but I want to make a bunch of path-related fixes all in one
go (in particular, make abstractions and externs work reasoably so that an
abstraction further down a path doesn't override an extern, and alow
paths to work relaive to a calling path if one is inside an abstraction
in a dfferent directory.  All somehow without breaking compatibility - it's
a biggish project.

cheers