[PD] Data structures and their clickable area

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 00:09:09 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 21:34 -0500, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> On 01/27/2014 05:35 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> >   Similarly, I'd like to be able to mouse-drag anywhere in the
> > rectangle in order to change the value of the number.
>
> You could probably do it if you use a field variable to define hotspots
> on every 6x6 tile of the rectangle.  But you'd also have to constrain
> movement of the rectangle by abusing the quanta syntax, something like
> (-whatever:whatever)(0:0).

Interesting idea.

>  That would presumably constrain the field
> variable's screen coordinates so that it doesn't move when you
> click-drag it.

I'm not sure, if I fully understand the quanta syntax. I'd assumed that
something like x(-30:30)(0:0) would not allow any movement, as you
suggest. But it is still movable as if I'd use plain x (without quanta).
When I use something like x(-30:30)(-1:1), it jumps between -30 and 30.

>   Then use the same field variable for your [drawnumber].

Unfortunately, when using quanta, the variable doesn't return the input
(my mouse movement), but the result. So the number jumps between -30 and
30 as well.

Roman