[PD] vst~ for OSX, any update?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 13 06:08:21 CET 2014

Hi all -

I tried to do this a while back but found out that on Mac you have to structure
a program as an "app" (which entails using Apple's event loop instead of your
own scheduler).  I couldn't see any reasonable way to get Pd working that
way, and eventually gave up.

My workaround was to use another application to show the GUI, learned the
controls and found reasonable settings, and then used the plug-in in Pd with
no GUI.

By the way, at the time there seemed to be NO open-source program for Macintosh
that could host plug-ins.  I ended up using Max :)

Miller