[PD] Game Audio abstractions- how to publish?

Filippo Beck Peccoz mail at fbpsound.com
Sun Feb 16 22:31:08 CET 2014

Hello list,

I've collected and cleaned up a few patches that I've been using a lot while making game audio with PD (mainly for Android, using libpd, Unity and Kalimba) and wanted to make them available to everyone.
Giving a tiny bit back since I've received so much help and advice from the PD community!

I'm mainly trying to cover what a PD beginner/game audio composer would need in order to start building a PD-based audio engine for a video game. Threw in some mixer abstractions, some stuff for interactive music, a state-based drum machine and so on.

As I said it's super basic, but it might just be less intimidating for someone who's just interested in the game audio potential of PD to have these basic blocks handy.

Let me know if there is anything that can/should/must be improved in order for it to be of any use! I'd like to make help patches for the abstraction as well, but am not sure if they really need them since most of them are very simple. What do you think?

https://fbpserver.dyndns.org/pydio/data/public/5b1c5c.php

Cheers,

Filippo