[PD] PD on Raspbian

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Mar 20 18:16:04 CET 2014

On 03/20/2014 12:37 PM, David Medine wrote:
> FYI
>
> There is also a RPi GPIO object for Pd by Miller Puckette here:
> http://msp.ucsd.edu/syllabi/206.13w/index.htm
> <http://msp.ucsd.edu/syllabi/206.13w/index.htm>
>
> and the  same code with a makefile and build for UDOO here:
> https://github.com/cmuartfab/Udoo/tree/dem-rev/puredata/gpio
> <https://github.com/cmuartfab/Udoo/tree/dem-rev/puredata/gpio>
>
> I did see the note from garthz about the architecture collisions. I
> will attend to this. Anyway, make sure to use the gpio.l_arm version
> -- just delete the other two to avoid problems.

Indeed, disis_gpio is loosely based on gpio. It however also offers
things that gpio (AFAIK) doesn't, like multithreaded
pusle-width-modulation (hardware on pin 18 and software on all pins)
with an Arduino-like 0-1023 range. disis_spi is a completely new beast
that allows interfacing with MCP3008 AD converter and provides up to 8
analog input channels that can provide high-resolution streams with
values 0-1023. So, pd-l2ork externals essentially look to provide an
Arduino-like environment.