[PD] Using GEM

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Apr 8 16:36:51 CEST 2014

Le 08/04/2014 16:20, kate sweeney a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am currently doing my final year tech project in University. I am creating a graphic design + music project using GEM in Pure Data. I was wondering, is there a way to trigger certain patches, one after the other? For example, one patch creates moving particles, and the next creates 3d spheres. Is there a way to trigger these one after the other, using a bang etc?
>
> Thank you.

Hello,

If you have you scenes (moving particles, 3d spheres, etc.) in the same
patch. The simplest is to send 0 or 1 to [gemhead] to render a scene.
One [gemhead] per scene.
With this method, you can put each scene in a subpatch ([pd
moving_particles], [pd 3d_spheres], etc.) and have a [receive ...]
arriving on the [gemhead].
Then, somewhere in your main patch, you put a radio button and test the
value return to activate a scene with [send ...].
++

Jack