[PD] Using GEM

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 17:34:28 CEST 2014

Do you mean something like the attached abstraction?  It turns your patches in a particular directory into a slideshow.

It uses an object called [canvasinfo] which is only available in Pd-l2ork.  If you don't use Pd-l2ork you can replace it with [iemguts/canvasname] (and remove the message box above it), but unfortunately [canvasname] in the last release of pd-extended had a bug that causes it not to work correctly in this case.

-Jonathan

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 10:44 AM, Jack <jack at rybn.org> wrote:

Le 08/04/2014 16:20, kate sweeney a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am currently doing my final year tech project in University. I am creating a graphic design + music project using GEM in Pure Data. I was wondering, is there a way to trigger certain patches, one after the other? For example, one patch creates moving particles, and the next creates 3d spheres. Is there a way to trigger these one after the other, using a bang etc?
>
> Thank you.

Hello,

If you have you scenes (moving particles, 3d spheres, etc.) in the same
patch. The simplest is to send 0 or 1 to [gemhead] to render a scene.
One [gemhead] per scene.
With this method, you can put each scene in a subpatch ([pd
moving_particles], [pd 3d_spheres], etc.) and have a [receive ...]
arriving on the [gemhead].
Then, somewhere in your main patch, you put a radio button and test the
value return to activate a scene with [send ...].
++

Jack