[PD] no midi in ubuntu

jaime via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Mon Jun 2 17:02:56 CEST 2014

hello everyone,

After some research I have found that I can connect a controller through
aconnect when pd is already running. This was not the case a couple
versions ago (of everything, pd, alsa, and OS; I am in a different
computer so I can't tell what those versions are exactly).

Is there any way that one can make these connections through Pd directly?

currently, I have to list all devices with /aconnect -i/, then make a
connection with/aconnect 24 129 /where 24 is the sender device and 129
is the software input...

Not sure how this changed, but it seems problematic for automated

best,