[PD] no midi in ubuntu

IOhannes m zmölnig via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Mon Jun 2 18:12:49 CEST 2014

On 06/02/2014 05:02 PM, jaime via Pd-list wrote:
> hello everyone,
>
> After some research I have found that I can connect a controller through
> aconnect when pd is already running. This was not the case a couple
> versions ago (of everything, pd, alsa, and OS; I am in a different
> computer so I can't tell what those versions are exactly).

unlikely.
this should have *always* worked when using Pd's alsamidi backend (and
never worked with the (default) OSS-midi).

> Is there any way that one can make these connections through Pd directly?

[aconnect]?
i haven't tested it in years, but i see no reason why it shouldn't work
any longer...

fmgasdr
IOhannes

https://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk/externals/iem/aconnect