[PD] [pix_write] crashing Pd-Extended

Richie Cyngler via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Wed Jun 18 02:58:22 CEST 2014

Hi all,

No matter what I try I can't get [pix_write] to do much more than create
corrupted .tiffs that won't open or just crash Pd. Looks like it's missing
gem.conf?

open: /etc/pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: /home/research/.pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: ./gem.conf: No such file or directory
pd: tif_dirwrite.c:2084: TIFFWriteDirectoryTagCheckedRational: Assertion
`value>=0.0' failed.
Pd: signal 6

Running Pd Extended 0.43.4 64 bit on Ubuntu 14.04. I know the 64 bit is
buggy but according to my searching [pix_write] has had issues for a while?

Is this is known issue? Should I log it to the bug tracker?

cheers

--
Richie

www.glitchpop.com