[PD] Pd and SQL

Roman Haefeli via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Thu Jun 19 14:32:28 CEST 2014

Hi

The few times I had to interface Pd with MySQL, I decided to use [shell]
and cobbled together some queries sent to mysql command. While I think
that is probably not the most elegant approach, I'd like to ask the
community how you dealt with Pd and MySQL, or SQL in general, or even
Databases in general.

There are certainly many other ways to achieve data retrieval from
databases within Pd, I am also thinking of ways that offload the talking
to the database to other technologies/languages like PHP, bash, pyhton,
etc. Then you have plenty of ways to interface Pd with those. I'm
thinking of RESTful (purest_json), web (http* from mrpeach), still bash.

I wonder what people decided to use in the end and what they found to be
working well. Any success or failure stories to share?

Roman