[PD] Fwd: sox > fifo > readsf~ not working

Benjamin ~ 01xy via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Thu Jun 19 17:15:21 CEST 2014

Hello,

not the answer, but you can open stream inside PD with readanysf~ if you
can accept this dependency http://aug.ment.org/readanysf/
else y use this command to pipe a raw flux to sox > stream, maybe you
can adapt :

     sox -t raw --ignore-length -r 44100 -e signed-integer -b 16 -c 2
bridge.fifo -t ogg -C 5 - | oggfwd labomedia.org 8000 rclabo01
/streamtest.ogg

or I modified .asoundrc so as to allow a non jack software (sox/aplay)
to get into jackd as an input :

cat ~/.asoundrc

pcm.rawjack {
     type jack
     playback_ports {
         0 system:playback_1
         1 system:playback_2
     }
    capture_ports {
        0 system:capture_1
        1 system:capture_2
    }
}

pcm.jack {
     type plug
     slave { pcm "rawjack" }
     hint {
      description "JACK Audio Connection Kit"
     }
}

and then :

aplay -i anyaudiofile-flux -v -D rawjack

hopes it can help

++