[PD] Fwd: Fwd: sox > fifo > readsf~ not working

Ali Momeni via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Thu Jun 19 19:55:17 CEST 2014

Hello,
Thanks @cyrille, found the answer to my arguments for open question in the
help file as you said.

@ben: first, hi!
second, i'm a ware of a number of 3rd party externals for pd that are
supposed to do streaming in, like mp3amp~ and ogg~ and readanysf~
but none of them are really working in pd-vanilla on rpi for me.  some
crash right away, and others never get a stream.

sox on the other hand is working beautifully and is rather robust, and the
fifo solution for getting audio into pd seems critical/awesome enough that
i'm keen on figuring it out.  i see that sox is getting the stream (i have
tested it by sending it to pifm and its there), but i'm just hung up on the
header format of the file.  pd doesn't like it.

i'm wondering if there are details in 'mkfifa' that make it better for pd
reading
i'll report back if i discover something...