[PD] Gem on UDOO

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Wed Aug 20 19:36:26 CEST 2014

Le 20/08/2014 18:37, Jack a écrit :
> Le 20/08/2014 18:29, Jack a écrit :

>>> if i keep only 1 line of text, i have 5fps.
>> Not enough for my purpose...
>>
>>> but text3d is not the most optimised way to render text.
>> What do you suggest to optimise text rendering ?
>
> I could use a big texture and change tex_coordinate. But I have never
> got better performance with this technic compare with text3d.
> Or use one texture per letter, but never get better performance compare
> with text3d.
that's certainly depend of the hardware.
it look like the udoo don't like having lot's of vertices.
i guess texturing would be faster.
I think the fastest would be to use 2 texture :
one with image of all letters, while the other correspond of the size of the text. color coding the letter number.
then a shader that use both texture to render a single primitive with all letter on the same time.