[PD] Gem ffmpeg Snow

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Sat Sep 6 14:10:09 CEST 2014

Hi IOhannes, thanks for replying :)

On 09/06/2014 08:33 PM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
> Quoting Max <abonnements at revolwear.com>:
>> LD_PRELOAD=/home/me/LeapDeveloperKit/LeapSDK/lib/x64/libLeap.so
>> optirun puredata oops: ALSA cards not reported in order? oops:
>> ALSA cards not reported in order? priority 6 scheduling enabled.
>> priority 8 scheduling enabled.
>>
>> what does that mean?
>
> what does what mean? (e.g. what do you mean by "that"?)

I guess that "oops" is below "error" and "warning" and thus okay to
ignore? Am I right in that assumption?
(e.g. are the ALSA cards not reported in order a problem or not)

> not a problem. just some weirdness with your alsa setup, Pd<0.46
used to complain about.

ok. thanks.

>> LD_PRELOAD=/home/me/LeapDeveloperKit/LeapSDK/lib/x64/libLeap.so
>
> you seem to have setup your system to use some wrappers to a) use
> leap

yes. to use the flext leapmotion external I need to do that.

>> optirun puredata
>
> b) use optirun.

yes. I run Pd with the NVIDIA graphics.

>> priority 6 scheduling enabled. priority 8 scheduling enabled.
>
> you are running in realtime mode.

ok.

>>> oh, and in the pd~ suprocesses, I can't move objects around,
>>> only make them smaller or bigger.
>
> how can you make them smaller or bigger? just changing the font
> size?

no, just the length of the objects with the mouse turning into a
double arrow.

> and that's only in the subprocess? probably the subprocess does not
> inherit your startup hacks (see above) and thus get's confused. but
> unlikely.

yes, it's only in the sub process. I tried with the pd~-help.
I had the same setup running fine last week with the above commands.

> pd uses Gem which uses gmerlin which uses ffmpeg which has a snow
> decoder (either built in or as another plugin).
>
> maybe your automatic system upgrade upgraded your system
> automatically? check /var/log/dpkg.log

there is a gazillion things in that log. I installed many LaTeX
packages, scribus, and Skype and then removed Skype again. Skype
forced many 32bit stuff which I (hopefully all) purged after.

> i wonder whether this and the snow-decoder error are really the
> same or unrelated. does the terminal reveal more?

the full output looks like this:

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.93.3
GEM: compiled: Jan 14 2014
GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: Authors :	Mark Danks (original version)
GEM:		Chris Clepper
GEM:		Cyrille Henry
GEM:		IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: with help by Guenter Geiger, Daniel Heckenberg, James Tittle,
Hans-Christoph Steiner, et al.
GEM: found a bug? miss a feature? please report it:
GEM: 	homepage http://gem.iem.at/
GEM: 	bug-tracker http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem/
open: /etc/pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: /home/max/.pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: ./gem.conf: No such file or directory
GEM: compiled for SIMD architecture: SSE2 MMX
GEM: using SSE2 optimization
Gem: already loaded
load plugins 'film' in '/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/'
pattern : /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_film*.so
dylib loading file '/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_filmGMERLIN.so'!
dylib loading file '/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_filmMPEG3.so'!
dylib loading file '/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_filmQT4L.so'!
[pix_film]: gmerlin support
[pix_film]: quicktime4linux support
[pix_film]: MPEG3 support
load plugins 'film' in '/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/'
pattern : /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_film*.so
not reloading '/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_filmGMERLIN.so'
not reloading '/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_filmMPEG3.so'
not reloading '/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_filmQT4L.so'
expr, expr~, fexpr~ version 0.4 under GNU Lesser General Public License
GEM: Direct Rendering enabled!
GEM: GLEW version 1.10.0
GEM: Start rendering
[pix_film]: opening
/home/max/Code/bitbucket/featureinstrument/./abstractions/fi/./subprocess/../../../chello-corpus_small.mov
with format 1908
[pix_film:ffmpeg_video] Cannot find FFmpeg Snow decoder
[pix_film]: loaded file:
/home/max/Code/bitbucket/featureinstrument/./abstractions/fi/./subprocess/../../../chello-corpus_small.mov
with 6777 frames (960x540) at 25.000000 fps
priority 6 scheduling enabled.
priority 8 scheduling enabled.
error: JACKerror: JackPosixSemaphore::TimedWait err = Interrupted
system call

> i hope that "trying to compile" is of no relevance here.

probably not... It succeded kind of, without jack though. I can't
imagine how it could be related. It sits in a different folder.

m.