[PD] how to debug a PD patch

Py Fave pyfave at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 17:37:39 CEST 2014

hi

 you can use print to check your values in the console

or print to file

2. clean your patches and remove all that is not necessary.
tidy up the wires too .

3. try to narrow it by making little modular parts you can test individually

4.try to use as few as possible extras ,replace by abstractions if possible.

5. remove as much as possible visual elements.
replace bng by bang ,
beware of nested gop

check processor usage

4. what platform are you running on ?
version of pd ?

what does your patch should do?

5. you can open a question topic on a  puredata forum

6.you can join little patches for people to test.

some problems can be tricky ,
but you have almost always a workaround.

enjoy :-)

py