[PD] dbus external?

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:35:16 CEST 2014

On 07/10/14 21:34, Antoine Villeret wrote:
> According to what I read, it seems that dbus uses /path/to/file to send /
> receive values
> So maybe we can use something like [binfile] or even [textfile] to
> read/write to dbus.
> But I may be on the wrong way...
> Anyway I'll be happy to learn what you found and how you manage to do that
> if you succeed (and where you're stuck if you don't)

I'm looking at dbus-send.c to just use the method they use ... it isn't too
long, and most of it is parsing the arguments and reading the environment (which
I do not need for this case) .... if it turns out just sending to a file that is
easier, all the infrastructure is set up already since dbus-send is working ...
just shell is too slow to get the timing right.

Simon