[PD] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Extending Vanilla (was Cyclone help patches & issue list)

Alessio Degani alessio.degani at ymail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:51:55 CET 2014

At this point I think that we can start to talk about technical stuff
like roadmap, tasks, volunteers recruitment and so on :)

The basic steps, IMHO, can be:
1. Identify which externals to include in the repo (for linux users, the
folder /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra can be a good starting point)
2. Identify which externals need to be compiled (some of them, as far as
I rememer, are not "true" external library, but a pd patch
[intrinsically cross-platform??])
3. Identify which externals are mainteined/unmaintained, and eventually,
contact the maintainers just to say: "hello, we are creating a shared
repo of externals. Are you interested? and so on..."
4. Prioritize (i.e. most used extensions have the priority).
5. Assign tasks

In that context, a web platform can help to accomplish this preliminary
steps. For example github (that has a project wiki), or Azendoo (free
-and simple!- collaborative project management), to name a few. I'm not
an expert of this platform, but I use github for small projects and
IMHO, Azendoo (or something like that) it can help a lot for
discussions, task management and so on, without flooding the mailing list :)

Here is just my thoughts... any idea/suggestion/alternative are
appreciated! :)

Cheers

Alessio

On 18/12/2014 20:50, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Well, for starters, there could just be a repository with externals
> and libraries :)
>
> I'm willing to help somehow. I'm not a programmer only, but I can help
> organising it and stuff. Testing libraries, listing it, etc.
>
> Cheers

> <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>>:
>
>     On 12/18/2014 08:16 PM, Samuel Burt wrote:
>     > 1. Opening a patch with [import cyclone] would automatically
>     download the
>
>     i *strongly* oppose to anything that automatically connects to the
>     internet and fetches or submits data.
>
>     mgfdsr
>     IOhannes

a.