[PD] dynamically delete abstractions

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 9 17:38:34 CET 2015

Am 09. Jänner 2015 16:40:50 MEZ, schrieb Alexandros Drymonitis <adrcki at gmail.com>:
>I'm creating some abstractions dynamically with the [obj ( message to a
>subpatch, which are actually oscillator instances. If I want to reduce
>the
>number of instances, I want to delete the excess ones.
>
>I know I can do this by sending [clear( to the subpatch and create the
>new
>ones, or maybe with iemgut's [canvasdelete], but I don't want to clear
>all
>the instances and create them anew (I just want to keep the ones I
>need),
>neither use [canvasdelete], as I'm trying to make this as much vanilla
>as
>possible.
>
>What I'm doing now, is keep track of the number of instances, calculate
>their canvas coordinates, and use them with these messages [editmode 1,
>mouse 20 $1 0 0, mouseup 60 $2 0(, and then [cut, editmode 0(. So the
>excess abstractions are being selected and then I'm cutting them. Is
>there
>a way to tell Pd to delete them? Like hitting backspace...
>I tried with [makefilename %c] but didn't seem to work.

I dont think its possible: there really is a reason for the iemguts functionality (it allows you to do patching related stuff that you CANNOT do otherwise).

btw, once you have loaded [canvasdelete] , there is a new "delete" method for a pd-canvas that allows you to delete objects by index.

mfg.ugd.fhj
IOhannes

--
Sent from my pdp-11