[PD] dynamically delete abstractions

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 16:40:50 CET 2015

I'm creating some abstractions dynamically with the [obj ( message to a
subpatch, which are actually oscillator instances. If I want to reduce the
number of instances, I want to delete the excess ones.

I know I can do this by sending [clear( to the subpatch and create the new
ones, or maybe with iemgut's [canvasdelete], but I don't want to clear all
the instances and create them anew (I just want to keep the ones I need),
neither use [canvasdelete], as I'm trying to make this as much vanilla as
possible.

What I'm doing now, is keep track of the number of instances, calculate
their canvas coordinates, and use them with these messages [editmode 1,
mouse 20 $1 0 0, mouseup 60 $2 0(, and then [cut, editmode 0(. So the
excess abstractions are being selected and then I'm cutting them. Is there
a way to tell Pd to delete them? Like hitting backspace...
I tried with [makefilename %c] but didn't seem to work.