[PD] Correct way to precess an audio stream

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 17 13:54:35 CET 2015

On 01/17/2015 01:25 PM, Alessio Degani wrote:
> On 16/01/2015 19:33, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>> i hope you are aware that this is a simplification on your side, and not
>> how Pd handles audio streams (when it comes to overlapping)
>
> Humm... I didn't know that there are different way to handle audio
> stream in PD. Can PD directly manage overlapp and stuff like that?
> Where I can read something about that?

putting a [block~ 128 2] anywhere in your canvas will make it use signal
vectors of 128 samples length with an overlap factor of 2 (read: the
last 64 samples of the old signal vector are the same as the first 64
samples of the new one).

the objects themselves are not notified of this, they just get 128
sample chunks to process. inspecting the signal-vector's samplerate
(sic!, it's really a data-rate) will reveal that it has now the double
samplerate as when using [block~ 128].

fgmsar
IOhannes