[PD] Correct way to precess an audio stream

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 20 16:09:29 CET 2015

On 01/20/2015 02:31 PM, Alessio Degani wrote:
> Thanks IOhannes! Do you know any on-line resources where I can read
> about how PD engine works at low level?

i'm not aware of a low-level documentation on this.

> This things are "hidden" to the PD users :)

hmm, [block~] is well documented,  so the *users* should definitely be
aware of it (at least, if they are familiar with the Pd-documentation).
the *developers* might not be aware of it, since usually the entire
overlap/add is done in the background and there's no need to be aware of
it. when weird things happen (e.g. because you are doing things across
signal block boundaries), i found that things become pretty much
self-explanatory (at least this is how i learned :-))

gfmadsr
IOhannes