[PD] Pd node-webkit port

s p sebpiq at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:44:32 CET 2015

@Alessio : I have written that library to use in WebPd :
https://github.com/sebpiq/pd-fileutils
It is far from perfect, and I am still working on it (generation of SVG
being not my main priority here), but it should work well enough for many
usecases. Besides, I'd be super happy to get some people testing it,
feedback, and help with finding and fixing bugs...

@Jonathan : Great work! Are you aware of WebPd (
https://github.com/sebpiq/WebPd) ? I am currently doing a lot of work on
it, to release a full-web audio API version soon (in branch waa). It would
be great to have a GUI that I could hook-up to it. I was actually planning
to use this : https://github.com/the-grid/the-graph which is a generic data
flow UI library for the web. It is so well done, works great on touch
interface, so I thought why the heck reinventing the wheel. Unfortunately I
haven't had time so far to get my hands into this. What are your plans for
this node-webkit port?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list <
pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:

> Yes.  In fact I used a little tk library someone had written to convert a
> tk canvas to svg with the current Pd.  (It was a little hacky because I was
> Unfortunately I can't find a link, but I did that to make some svgs for
> Pd's Wikipedia page, and I've seen them turn up in different places.
>
> With node-webkit, it should be fairly simple to export an svg since the
> patch itself is drawn as an svg.
>
> -Jonathan
>

>   On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:53 PM, Alessio Degani <
> alessio.degani at ymail.com> wrote:
>

>  Hi Jonathan,
>
> I've a question. It is (or will be) possible to export the patch canvas in
> PDF (or SVG) format using node-webkit?
> For example, if you want a good pubblication quality figures in a
> dissertation (as an example), it is desirable to have that in a vectorial
> format instead of rester bitmap.
>
> Thank you
>
> Cheers
>
> On 20/01/2015 05:22, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
>
>  Got some basic patch display going in node-webkit:
> www.jonathanwilkes.net/pd-with-nw.webm
>
>  -Jonathan

> --
> a.