[PD] install libraries with apt-get with Pd compiled fr om source?

Mattes r.mattes at mh-freiburg.de
Sun Jan 25 20:53:56 CET 2015

Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2015 20:46 CET, "Mattes" <r.mattes at mh-freiburg.de> schrieb:

> Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2015 20:28 CET, Alexandros Drymonitis <adrcki at gmail.com> schrieb:
> > On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> >

> $ apt-cache search libasound-dev
> libasound2-dev - shared library for ALSA applications -- development files

In general, if you want to compile on Debian I suggest downloading the debian sources

 apt-get source puredata

In the downloaded nad extracted source you'll find a direcetory 'debian' that contains a
file 'conrol'. That file will list all packages that need to be installed to successfully build
the package.

 cat debian/control
  Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7.0.50~),
 dh-autoreconf,
 dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~),
 gettext,
 libasound2-dev [linux-any],
 portaudio19-dev,
 libjack-dev

I would _not_ recomend 'apt-get build-dep since I might install all sorts of stuff you
don't want or need (for a self-compiled puredata you don't need dh-aoutreconf, dpkg-dev etc).

Cheers, RalfD