[PD] Pd font logic

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 01:10:09 CET 2015

Hi list,

Can somebody explain to me how font sizing actually works in Pd?  I see
a table of integer metrics in C, a table of integer metrics in tk, and
some logic that find the smallest GUI font size that can fit the metrics
in C.

I assume that I must use the metrics in C if I want boxes to measure
what they currently do in Pd.  If I'm using Deja Vu Sans in Node-Webkit,
what do I need to do in order to make the text fit correctly in the boxes?

It seems problmatic because the actual font metrics as displayed
probably won't be integers, but the current API doesn't let me send floats.

-Jonathan