[PD] examples of classic Sample and Hold

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 03:37:36 CEST 2015

As I understand it, a classic sample and hold
is capturing the instantaneous input voltage
of an incoming signal, and remembering it.

    [metro 5]
[adc~]
|/
[snapshot~]

[f]

The [metro 5] is also banging on the [snapshot~]'s hot inlet
with [adc~] if want samples at 5ms intervals.

However, these days, in my own mind at least,
I think about "sample and hold" as meaning,
"read a few seconds of audio from a source
into a memory, and loop it."  I don't know if others
think this way also.

That would be a more complex circuit.

BH

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Pagano, Patrick <pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu>
wrote:

>  Hello Everyone
>

>  I am wondering if people would be willing if they have an example of
> Sample and Hold to use for a project i am working on.
>
> I am interested in the classic sounding Sample and Hold insanity please
> share a patch if you have one so i may learn on how to make one properly
>
> the one in the help files is not the kind i am talking about
>

>  i hope this makes sense
>

>  pp
>

>   *Patrick Pagano B.S, M.F.A*
> Audio and Projection Design Faculty
> Digital Worlds Institute
> University of Florida, USA
> (352)294-2020

May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)

Don't forget to sign the

*Pledge to Resist*

*the Constitution Pipeline:*

   - *The Pledge: TinyURL.com/Pledge2ResistCP
   <http://TinyURL.com/Pledge2ResistCP>*
   - *More info: TinyURL.com/Pledge2ResistCP1
   <http://TinyURL.com/Pledge2ResistCP1>*