[PD] [PD-announce] WebPd 0.3.0 released

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:40:07 CEST 2015

nice dream Chris. .
What about ofx pd for droid?
cant you run vanilla pd on an android?
The thing about browser based stuff is syncing the graphics with the dsp.
I have been making  dhtml scale, mode, keyboard , and sequencer interfaces
for xensynth. I use java sockets as a tcp/udp transport.
would be really nice to have a websockets server added to pdsend/recieve
and netsend/recieve.
this would be awesome for libpd as well.
Anyways with the browser based sequencer things get out of timing real
quick using standard javascript timing. the resolution of the javascript
timers is not good enough.
hopefully soon I can skip using the javascript  as the sequencer sending
note messages to pd. and just have the sequencer modeled in pd as a dynamic
symbol or something. That way the browser can do the nifty editing graphics
for coloring a xenharmonic piano roll. as you add or move notes, the
corosponding grid in pd is edited. if you play the sequencer then the play
position cursor is all that needs to be updated on the web interface. just
reset it ever loop if it gets out of sync, no problem.
There is some new features of CSS/HTML/javaScript that make dynamic
properties of elements really easy to code.
https://archive.org/details/Xensynth10.01
most recent version
https://archive.org/download/Xensynth10.01/xensynth10.14.5BrooklynMooreEdition.zip
interface is xensynth/polysynth/RUNME2showhidemidi.pd
and browser tuning plus mode control is:
xensynth/burningship/pdapplet/javaSocketBridge/xensynthcontrol.html
check out the sequencer section of the browser controls. it is not
finished, just started actually and has no stop button, hehe.
particularly this little snippet of code
might be helpful in developing pd controls
seqbuffer=seqbuffer + "<div id='" + j.toString() + "-" + i.toString() +
                "' class='seqelement' data-x= '" + j.toString() +
                "' data-y= '" + i.toString() + "'"  +
                " data-rsx= '" + rsx + "'></div>";
http://html5doctor.com/html5-custom-data-attributes/