[PD] pure data benchmark?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Tue May 5 20:48:51 CEST 2015

Hi Martin,

As it happens, I often use your patch chaosmonster1 as pure data
benchmark. Here's why:

- it runs with pd vanilla or extended
- it has a realistic mixture of dsp objects
- it sounds cool

Amongst others I used chaosmonster1 to benchmark pd in double
precision, as shown in the table halfway this page:

http://www.katjaas.nl/doubleprecision/doubleprecision.html

Another benchmark test, done last February when Raspberry Pi 2 was
just out: Raspberry Pi B+ can run no more than one chaosmonster1 at
default samplerate, while Raspberry Pi 2 can run five (!) instances of
it, and my 1 GHz Core2Duo laptop can run eight instances.

Thanks!
Katja